Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Two & Other Things

I'm pretty excited. The second novel of my Magic Series Dragons & Magic is set for an October 1st release if you didn't already know. It's available for pre-order so feel free to pre-order your copy.

I'm currently working on the fifth novel in the series, and I'm pretty excited about that. One part of me is like: Only two more books to go, whee! Another part: I have two more books to go yet. Another part of me: Eeek, I'm going to miss these characters. I really will. I hope that you all enjoy them as much as I do. I truly mean that. I can't help but think of what project I'll tackle next after the Magic series is finished, but a part of me can't bear to think of that. I know it's going to end in a way where I'll want more of these characters, but I already know how everyone's story ends. I think that this series could be on-going forever and forever if I let it, but there's another part of me that says life is a balancing act of holding on and letting go. I'll have to let these characters go from the pages even if their stories will never die because I will always hold them in my heart.

Ah, I love writing! I know I could never part with it. I tried to give it up for a time to make people happy, but in the end it only made me sad. I'll never give up on my dreams or my writing, but I will let go of people who try to interfere with my life and try to distract me from my dreams. Writing and words will always be a part of me. I am a writer, it's not just something I can walk away from. If people can't understand that about me then they don't deserve my time or my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment